Premiere Credit - Robbed Without a Gun

The other day I went to the gas station to fill up a loaner while my car was repaired. Much to my surprise my card was denied.

Another customer told me there's was also so I assumed it was the gas station and went down the street. The same thing happed but this time I decided to call my bank because I was in a rough area. Much to my surprise I was told my account had a hold and given a toll free number to call! I called eight times and only reached voicemail - finally I left a message.

The following day I called again - this time I reached a person. I was advised I had a tax debt to the State of Indiana from 2007, 2008 and 2012. Isn't there a statue of limitations? Don't you need to advise me?

Not to mention I live in Florida now. The representative asked me how much was on hold and where I banked. Assuming they already knew I gave the information. The representative told me the only way she could release the hold was if I paid in full by credit card.

I tried to reason with the representative and explain the hardship - that coincidentally my lights were cut off and I was already experiencing financial hardship after the death of my mother. Can I make payments? No. Regardless, that you have taken every dime I own.

I hung up the phone and called my bank as well as the State to no avail. While I spoke to the bank, I pulled up my bank account and noticed a debit for $1200. While I was asking for an arrangement the representative processed a debit!

Surely, this can not be legal! To imagine the State of Indiana allows malicious collection activities at the discretion of Premiere Credit!

Review
#1051693 Review #1051693 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1051693.
Indianapolis, Indiana